Winona Area Chamber of Commerce 2017 Committee Plan
Committee Name: Young Professional Network
Committee Chairman: Aaron Pavek
Purpose Statement – The Young Professional Network is a personal and professional development program of the Winona Area Chamber of Commerce that provides opportunities for younger leaders to interact socially and to engage in the community.
Primary Networking Event for YPs:
Standing Date: 3rd Tuesday of the Month 5:15 -6:15 pm (not June, Nov or Dec.)
- YPs after 5 - Monthly networking & Welcome for New Members
Standing Location: Blooming Grounds
Participation is meant to be small group forum – in order to provide opportunity for real connection / conversation between YPs
Attendance Goals (TBD by BOD) = 2 YP Planning Team members, the rest are non-planning team members + prospects
YP Planning Team Key objectives:
- Grow the total number of participating YP members at all YP events and activities
- Offer a minimum of 1 Professional Development event or training in 2017 (Goal will be 2 in 2018)
- Create an onboarding plan for new YPs
- Create a marketing plan to communicate the purpose and value of the YP Network to the broader chamber membership/employers
YP Projects/Activities for 2017-18
We will also be on the lookout for additional volunteer opportunities throughout 2017 to engage with the community
- February: Miller Mentoring
- May: Derby Party & Fundraiser
- June: Family Night on the Farm, Ambassador Brat Booth volunteers, etc.
- September: Help at Big Muddy Brew ‘n Que
- Disc Golf Tournament - Date TBD – event will be held 3rd quarter or very early in the 4th quarter
- October: Halloween Event – Costume Ball / Social event
- December: Holiday Party
Goals of the Young Professionals:
- Partner with Chamber committees to expose Young Professionals to other branches of, and opportunities within, the Chamber of Commerce.
- Increase members’ awareness of the role Young Professional program plays within the Chamber of Commerce.
- Contribute to the general Chamber membership count through increased recruiting efforts of area young professionals.
- Emphasize/Encourage greater YP attendance of Chamber Events
- Support the Winona community through service and development projects
- Provide an environment for area young professionals to connect