Winona Area Chamber of Commerce 2020 Committee Plan
Name: Public Policy Response Team
Chaired by: Dave Erickson
Purpose Statement: When the need arises, the Public Policy Response Team will analyze the identified business issue, gather relevant facts, disseminate information to Chamber membership, and forward recommendations to the Chamber Board of Directors.
Meeting Schedule: Quarterly on the first month of each quarter - 2nd Friday of the month (Jan., April, July and October)
- Engage Chamber members in public policy issues and education of legislative activity when appropriate
- Provide Chamber members a platform to be heard by local, state and federal lawmakers regarding matters that are of interest/concern to the members.
- Research and make recommendations to the Chamber Board regarding legislative issues at all levels of Government as relates to business, such as transportation, regulations, taxation, and related concerns.
- Provide educational workshops/training to membership on issues when need arises.
- Continue to offer Eggs and Issues to membership on a monthly basis.
Secure 2020 Advocacy Sponsors to build needed resources to effectively impact legislative priorities.