Winona Area Chamber of Commerce
2020 Ambassador Committee Plan
Committee Name: Ambassador Committee
Committee Chair: Paula Beyer
Committee Purpose Statement: To serve as the public relations division of the Winona Area Chamber of Commerce, with emphasis on promoting both the mission of the Chamber of Commerce organization and adding value to Chamber membership by highlighting Chamber member businesses.
Committee Projects/Activities for 2020:
- Hold a monthly Ambassador luncheon meeting.
- Two fun evening socials (summer and winter) with networking opportunities for the Ambassadors.
- Increase visibility of Ambassadors with participation at ribbon cuttings, Network Nites, annual Ambassador socials, brat booth, annual banquet, golf outing, Family Night on the Farm, etc.
- Always have a total of 30 active Ambassadors.
- Business card books for new Business Ribbon Cuttings.
Additional goals for the Chamber Ambassador Committee –
- Encourage higher participation of Ambassadors in all Chamber events with an emphasis on the Brat Booth and the Chamber Golf Outing.
- Contribute to the general Chamber membership through increased recruiting efforts of new Chamber members.
Budget Considerations –
-Utilize the public relations support role of the Ambassadors to increase and retain Chamber membership for 2020.
-With assistance from Board Members, meet the Brat Booth budgeted projection of $8,000.00, cut Chamber staff hours regarding the Brat Booth, research possibility of a food trailer.
-Meet the Brat Booth budgeted projection and cut Chamber staff hours regarding the Golf Outing.